Tank Floormap®X Scanner
• Maximum coverage, including critical zone
• High-resolution for increased Probability of Detection
• Multi-technology for top and bottom defect discrimination
• Flexible scanning, one scanner with three scan modes
• Inspect thicker plates up to 20 mm (3/4 in) thick
• Unmatched reporting, comprehensive and on-the-spot
• 10% reporting thresholds, increase inspection intervals
• EEMUA 159 and API 653 compliance
• Precision active steering: for fast, high-quality curved scans in the critical zone. It drastically reduces dead zones by placing sensors where they are needed most, within 12 mm (1/2 in) of the tank shell. Comes with the capability to return to straight line driving at the simple push of a button.
• Interactive laser guide: marking the floor while you map is now fast and easy, thanks to laser-assisted defect location. The laser line is simulated live in the C-scan, allowing to correlate the physical location of tank floor defects with C-scan indications.
• SmartMAGNET™: variable automated magnetic flux strength for optimized inspection performance depending on plate thickness. Besides, literally turn off powerful rare earth permanent magnets for easier storage and shipping, and safer handling.
• Adjustable bridge height: reach maximum sensitivity where conditions allow, and easily raise the bridge to scan even in the most challenging conditions, such as undulated plates, repair plates and lap welds or when surface preparation is not ideal.
• Onboard powerful lighting: front dimmable, focalized LEDs, with diffusing lens and rear LEDs. Based on chip-on-board technology providing high and uniform intensity, inline with API recommendations for visual inspection, to perfectly highlight product-side pitting and scan obstacles.
• Principle of operation: Array Magnetic Flux Leakage & Magnetic Field Reluctance (STARS)
• Top and bottom discrimination: Yes, using STARS technology
• Detection capability: as small as 20%, ø 2 mm (ø 0.080 in)
• Test through coatings: Yes, if non-magnetic
• Coating thickness: up to 10 mm (0.394 in)
• Speed: Variable from 500 mm / sec to 1 m / sec (19.7 in / sec to (3.28 ft / sec)
• Scan width: 300 mm (12 in)
• Scanning productivity: up to 263 m² / h (2831 ft² / h)
• Plate thickness range: 4-20 mm (0.157in to 3/4 in)
• Typical battery operational time: Up to 4 hours
• Operating temperature: -10°C to 45°C (-14°F to 113°F)
• Real time analysis: Defect size, × / Y position, plate view, top/bottom, MFL, MFLi, STARS