Floormap3Di-R MFL Tank Inspection
The Floormap3Di-R is fastest tank floor scanner/tank bottom inspection system developed by Silverwing, with scanning speeds of up to 1 m/s which is twice the speed of the previous model. The Floormap will improve your inspection efficiency whilst improving accuracy and data quality.
The Floormap combines two distinct technologies, MFL and STARS. The introduction of STARS (Surface topology air-gap reluctance sensors) enables the scanner to determine whether there is corrosion top side, bottom side or below the surface coating.
Improved signal to noise ratio combined with STARS and MFL ensures a more accurate and efficient inspection of coated and thicker plates.
Unlike other manual “stop on defect” systems all the data is captured and stored. This data retention enables tank engineers to compare and review historically pertinent data sets to determine the optimum repair strategy.
The high resolution sensor heads provide excellent probability of detection down to indications that measure 2mm in diameter. This coupled with advanced signal processing and defect classification tools significantly improves the corrosion detection and sizing capability when compared with previous generation systems.
- Full tank floor scanning, data recording and mapping.
- Custom motor, variable speed up to 1 m/s.
- High resolution 64 channel sensor arrays to maximise detection capability.
- 256 individual sensors for 4.6 x 2 mm scanning resolution
- Advanced signal processing and defect classification tools
- 30 years MFL development in over 66 global locations
- Through coating inspection up to 6 mm including FRP, GRP and SS
- Fixed sensor head for improved reliability and accuracy
Magnetic-flux leakage (MFL) and surface topology air-gap reluctance sensors (STARS)
256 Hall effect sensors, 64 channels
Top and bottom discrimination
Yes, using STARS technology
Test through coatings
Yes, if non magnetic
Variable, 500 mm/s to 1 m/s (19.7 in/s to 3.3 ft/s)
Maximum scan width
300 mm (12 in)
Maximum single scan length
32 m (105 ft)
± 0.04% (± 3 mm over 8 m) (± 3/32 in over 26 ft)
Dimensions (W × D × H)
510.0 × 690.0 × 980.5 mm (20.0 × 27.1 × 38.7 in)
Minimum man-way size
500 mm (20 in)
Meets IATA requirements for transporting magnetisable material
1 × 12 V, 42 A/h, sealed, lead acid batteries
Supplied with two batteries and two chargers for continuous use
Up to 4 hours, typical
–30–55 °C (–22–131 °F)
Defect size, X/Y position, plate view, top/bottom, MFL, MFLi, STARS
SIMS reporting suite
- Full version—three user licenses included
- Read-only version—unlimited
Operating system requirements: Windows® XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- 5-day training and examination
- 2-week level 1 and level 2 SNT courses