DM5E Corrosion Thickness Gauges
Product IDDM5E Corrosion Thickness Gauges
- Buy Outright
- Rent to Buy
- Long Term Lease
- Short Term Rental
The DM5E series is the most recent evolution in portable corrosion monitoring thickness gauges from GE Sensing & Inspection Technologies.
The DM5Es features advanced thickness measurement stability and repeatability at normal and elevated temperatures and have been designed for use in the most extreme environments.
The DM5E basic is a rugged yet lightweight unit, specified to EN15317, and is ergonomically designed for single handed use. It features a backlit LCD data display with easy to use, intuitive controls and a water and dust resistant sealed keypad. The DM5E basic includes a variety of features including Min/Max capture, B-Scan generation, alarms and differential thickness measurement to allow instant comparison between measured and nominal thickness.
The DM5E showcases all the features of the DM5E Basic but also offers the DUAL MULTI operating mode which enables measurements to be taken without the need to remove protective coatings from components. Upgrading from DM5E Basic to DM5E can be done in the field.
The DM5E DL has the same functions as the DM5E with an additional built-in data logger supporting grid style data file formats, capable of holding up to 50,000 readings. With the DM5E DL, data can be exported to a PC via the Mini USB Com port or can be exported directly to Microsoft Excel through a macro. Both DM5E Basic and standard versions are easily upgradeable to DL versions.
High Performance Probes
The DM5E series features a set of ultrasonic probes that enable the instruments to operate with optimized performance at extreme temperatures. The DM5E series includes a 5 MHz standard probe for general use, a 2MHz version, for high penetration as well as a 7.5MHz fingertip probe. A newly developed 5MHz high temperature probe offers an operating range from -10°C up to +204°C.
- Operating Principle: Ultrasonic, Pulse Echo Measurement Method
- Measuring Range: Depends on Probe and Material, 0.60 mm to 508 mm (0.025” to 20.00”) in IP to 1st BW Measurement Mode, 2.00 mm to 127.0 mm. (0.079” to 5.00”) in Dual-Multi Measurement Mode, the Coating Thickness Range Shall be 0.3 mm to 2.50 mm (0” to 0.098”)
- Voltage: 120 V into 50 ohm Load, using 20 MHz Oscilloscope
- Display Type: High resolution graphical LCD, 64 x 128 Pixels, 53.0 mm x 27.0 mm with backlight and adjustable contrast
- Power Requirements: 2x AA Batteries (Approximately 60 Hours)
- Mini-USB to PC connectivity
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to +50°C (+10°F to +120°F) with high performance probes enabling extreme temperate operation
- Weight: 223 g (0.597 lb) including batteries
- Size: 138 mm x 32 mm x 75 mm
- Shock: IEC 68-2-27 Ea, as per Mil Std 810C Method 516.2 Procedure I with a 15g 11ms Impulse Half Sinusoidal Wave Applied 6 Times per Axis
- Sealing: IEC529 / IP54, Dust Proof/Dripping Water Proof as per IEC 529 Specifications for IP54 Classification
pdf 239 KB
You may also like
The state-of-the-art USM Go ultrasonic portable flaw detector is an easy to use, reliable system, perfect for a variety of applications.
The handheld EPOCH 600 Digital Ultrasonic is a reliable mid-level ultrasonic flaw detector, complete with a full range of standard as well as optional features
The MF300F+ is one of the most popular magnetic meters from the impressive range, with innovative magnetic design, whilst being lightweight and durable.
The MicroMag UT Probe and Wire brush is a high-performance easy-to-use accessory for the standard MicroMag crawler for underwater use.