The Navic is a modular, motorized, steerable scanner designed to carry multiple attachments used in various scanning and inspection applications. The remote operated scanning platform is capable of circumferential scans from 70mm (2 3/4”) minimum OD to flat surfaces and longitudinal scans from 305mm (12″) minimum OD to flat. Its joystick-controlled steering allows for smooth and accurate weld tracking.
The modular design of the Navic allows it to carry multiple attachments used for various scanning and inspection applications.
- Low Profile Design: The Navic requires a radial clearance of 70mm (2.75”) on pipes under 200mm (8”) OD and 81.5 mm (3.2”) on pipes over 200mm (8”) OD, which allows for inspection in limited access applications.
- Magnetic Wheels: Using rare-earth magnets, the Navic can operate on vertical, horizontal, and inverted surfaces.
- Steerable Operation: The Navic’s joystick controlled steering allows for smooth and accurate weld tracking on pipes, tanks, and vessels.
- Scan Versatility: The Navic can facilitate circumferential scans on pipes as small as 70mm (2-3/4”) OD and 610mm (24”) ID, as well as longitudinal scans on pipes as small as 305mm (12″) OD. Scanning of flat surfaces is also possible.
- Environmental Sealing: Extensive use of re-sealable o-ring gaskets and seals protect against penetration of contaminants into the unit.
Contact us to find out more about the Navic or any of our other Phased Array & ToFD equipment, or request a quote online.