U41 Subsea ACFM
- Buy Outright
- Rent to Buy
- Long Term Lease
For the last 30 years, ACFM® technology has been used globally as the method of choice for the detection and sizing of subsea surface-breaking cracks. Recognized and approved by many certification bodies, including DNV, ABS and Lloyds, the technique has been used successfully against traditional uncomputerized and more user dependent methods, such as MPI.
As today’s industry is looking to scale the use of auditable NDT methods to all their assets, faster, more flexible, easier to deploy inspections and better reporting capabilities are required. Subsea surface crack inspection has been redefined and modernised with the new U41 Subsea ACFM.
- Structural node welds on jackets
- Caisson inspection
- Pipeline damage
- Welded plate structures
- Mooring systems including chains
- Connect 3 probes simultaneously to avoid frequent returns to the surface, thus saving time.
- 10 x faster acquisition electronics, improving scanning capabilities and inspection integrity.
- Diver mini-array probe and ROV full-array probes reduces the number of scans and allows for faster recognition and
characterization of defects.
- Reduced cleaning requirements, no need to clean to bare
IMPROVED DATA QUALITY
- Increased ACFM signal quality with 14x increase in data resolution, improving the accuracy of data acquisition with
the better ability to zoom on acquired signals.
- Probe calibration files are saved on the probe instead of a remote PC. This removes the potential for incorrect probe
calibration being used.
- Lower noise increases the signal-to-noise ratio, inspect through coatings twice as thick compared to previous
- Capable of inspecting corroded surfaces or through non-conducting coatings several millimeters thick
EASIER TO USE
- New Assist3 reporting software version, with a simpler and more modern interface, and with continuous evolution.
- Umbilical reel dramatically reduced in size: 1/3 less weight and 1/3 less storage. Up to 3 umbilicals can be connected
for a total length of 450 m.
- Easy to configure communications with support for multiple protocols to ROVs (Ethernet, RS232, RS485, VDSL).
- Global network of service centers
Operating temperature range
Environmental protection (topside unit)
Probe cable length
Umbilical cable length
20m (65ft) topside integration cable
150m (492ft) umbilical extension (Up to 3 can be used in series)
(Max total length topside unit to bottle = 470m (1542ft))
Serial communications cable length
5m Ethernet cable to PC (supplied)
Longer, off-the-shelf, Ethernet cables also can be used
Topside: 110 V AC / 400 mA
U41: 48 Vdc / 1A
pdf 735 KB
You may also like
Amigo2 is engineered around a highly advanced signal acquisition and processing system able to process data significantly faster than the original Amigo, for a data range that’s 14 times better.
Reddy Eddy Current Array is designed to meet the unique in-service needs of the oil & gas, power generation, and aerospace industries.
Robust, hand-held ACFM instrument with ergonomic design features enabling easy operation, with left or right-hand use.