Cygnus 1- Multiple Echo Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
Product IDCygnus 1- Multiple Echo Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge (Intrinsically Safe Certified)
- Buy Outright
- Rent to Buy
- Long Term Lease
- Short Term Rental
The Cygnus 1 Intrinsically Safe is a rugged, shock-proof multiple echo ultrasonic surface thickness gauge designed for safely measuring metal thickness to determine wastage or corrosion in potentially explosive environments. By using multiple echo technology the metal thickness gauge measurements are error checked using 3 return echoes to provide repeatable, reliable results.
Supplied ready to use in a protective carry case with 2 rechargeable batteries, the Cygnus 1 Intrinsically Safe can achieve up to 10 hours of continuous testing before a recharge is necessary.
Certified Intrinsically Safe.
- Certified Intrinsically Safe to: ATEX Marking Group I & Group II, CSA Class 1 Group A, B, C & D Division 1
- For use in Zone 0, Zone 1 hazardous areas
- No plant shutdown or hot work permit necessary
- Heavy duty sealed unit – IPX5 and IPX7 rated – highly water / dirt / dust resistant
- Rugged, durable, shock proof construction
- Stable calibration – linear accuracy – no zero adjustment
- Self verification of the measurements to ensure accuracy
- Various probe options
- Two rechargeable batteries with charger
- Displays sound velocity settings
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement
- Bright LED display with polarised filter
- Probe frequency selectable
- Low battery warning
- Metric / Imperial switchable
- Also approved for use in mines.
For optimum performance of the ultrasonic thickness gauge it is essential to utilise the appropriate probe for the specific material being tested. Here below are the probe options available.
6 mm – 5 MHz
13 mm – 2.25, 3.5 or 5 MHz
19 mm – 2.25 MHz
You may also like
Specifically designed for underwater remotely operated vehicles, designed to measure metal thickness through coatings in the harshest operating conditions.
With its bright, very large, AMOLED display the Cygnus DIVE is simple to operate, providing accurate and reliable thickness measurements, underwater. Depth rated to 300 metres.
The Cygnus 6 PLUS PRO has a range of features for the professional user. Designed for the harshest of environments with a simple to use keypad and intuitive menus.
A rugged, shock-proof multiple echo ultrasonic surface thickness gauge designed for safely measuring metal thickness to determine wastage or corrosion in potentially explosive environments.