- Rent to Buy
- Long Term Lease
- Short Term Rental
OmniScan® X3 phased array flaw detector with TFM
The OmniScan X3 flaw detector is a complete phased array toolbox. Powerful tools, like total focusing method (TFM) images and advanced visualization capabilities, enable you to complete your inspection with greater confidence.
- Better flaw imaging brings clarity and resolution to smaller defects
- Image early-stage high-temperature hydrogen attack (HTHA)
to detect it when it matters most
- Onboard acoustic influence map (AIM) reflectivity simulator helps you
visualize TFM sensitivity and adjust accordingly
- Up to four TFM modes facilitates flaw interpretation and sizing
Improved Phased Array
Get to Work, Quickly
The onboard scan plan, improved fast calibration, and streamlined user interface help eliminate unnecessary steps so that you can complete your inspection setup in minimal time.
If you’re an existing OmniScan user, the transition from the MX2 is fast. If you’re new to phased array ultrasonic testing or TFM, the OmniScan X3 flaw detector is easy to learn.
The Reliability You Trust
- IP65 certified rain and dust proof
- Onboard GPS provides the location of data
- Connect wirelessly to the Olympus Scientific Cloud™ to download the latest software
- Scan without stopping thanks to the 25 GB file size
The Workhorse of Your Inspection Fleet
The OmniScan X3 flaw detector has the tools to help you complete your work efficiently. Its range of applications include welds, pipelines, pipes, corrosion-resistant alloys, corrosion mapping, HTHA inspection, detection of stepwise cracking, composite inspection, and flaw imaging.
- Compatible with existing probes and scanners
- 32:128PR model, featuring 64-element TFM
- 16:64PR and 16:128PR also available
- Up to 8 groups, 1,024 focal laws
- Compatible with MX2/SX files for convenience
- 64 GB internal storage, extendable with an external USB drive
(W x H x D) 335 mm × 221 mm × 151 mm
5.7kg (12.6 lb) with battery
Hard Drive Capacity
Internal 64 GB SSD, extendable using an external USB drive
SDHC card or most standard USB
Max Onboard file size
2 x 2.0 USB ports and 1 x 3.0 USB port
Video out (HDMI)
2-axis encoder line (quadrature, up, down, or clock/direction) 3rd encoder ready
6 digital TTL inputs, 5 V
5 digital outputs TTL, 5 V, 15 mA
269 mm (10.6 in.) (diagonal)
1280 pixels x 768 pixels
Viewing angles Horizontal
–85° to 85° Vertical: –85° to 85°
Number of colors
You may also like
Amigo2 is engineered around a highly advanced signal acquisition and processing system able to process data significantly faster than the original Amigo, for a data range that’s 14 times better.
The Gecko Phased-Array Flaw Detector offers great testing efficiency and advanced UT application performance, easy setups, fast cycles and convenient reporting.
Olympus’s OmniScan MX2 offers great testing efficiency and advanced UT application performance, easy setups, fast cycles and convenient reporting.