- Buy Outright
- Rent to Buy
- Long Term Lease
- Short Term Rental
External Corrosion Mapping Scanner (laser profilometry)
The Laser Mapper makes external corrosion mapping and laser profilometry practical when used in conjunction with our automated scanner systems. The laser beam intensity self adjusts based on variable surface conditions (dull or shiny) to obtain a depth reading without loss of data. Scanning speeds can be achieved at speeds up to 30″ per second.
The Laser Mapper system includes a small and light weight controller box with 12vdc power supply and encoder cable. It also includes the laser sensor which mounts to our existing automated and manual scanning equipment and emits a small laser beam to the surface, then the beam distance is measured and interpolated into a thickness value using the ProScan acquisition and analysis software. The laser depth range is 1” (25mm) of displacement with accuracy within +/-0.002”. Set up is simple, place the laser sensor 1” above the target surface and set the software depth measurement on an un-corroded surface to 0” and then scan away.
- Fast – Scan up to 30″/sec
- Accurate – Accuracy to +/- 0.002″
- Compatible – Works with our existing line of scanners
- Affordable – Costs less than 3D camera systems
- Portable – Fits in one case.
- Laser sensor with 100 foot cable
- Laser controller
- Power supply and USB cable
- Travel case
- Accurate depth measurements, +/- 0.002”
- Laser type: Red semi-conductor, wavelength 655nm
- Laser output 220µW
- Class: FDA Class-
- Size: 1.9” x 0.85” x 1.3”
- Weight: 120g
- Spot diameter: 200µm x 750µm (0.008” x 0.030”)
- Repeatability 2µm (<0.001”)
- Sensor water sealed to IP67 rating
- Temperature rating -10C to +50C (14 to 131F)
- Acquisition speed: 330µS
- Cable length: 100ft
- Sensor stand-off distance: 1” or 25mm
- Measurement range: 1” range (-5mm to 20mm)
pdf 412 KB
You may also like
The Pan-Tilt-Zoom Inspection Camera INVIZ® SNK for Remote Visual Inspection (RVI) of tanks, vessels and big pipes / tubes
The Spectrum 45 pan and tilt camera is one of the smallest industrial pipe inspection cameras of its kind.
Crystal Cam is a compact, lightweight, resilient and highly versatile portable visual inspection solution suitable for a variety of situations.