Nexxis Grows Service, Maintenance, and R&D capabilities.
The full Nexxis team prides itself on providing the best solutions and the highest customer service. To keep achieving this, we have grown our internal Service, Maintenance, and Repair capabilities to support our customers’ equipment and ensuring all of our equipment is maintained to the highest standards.
Heading up our Service, Maintenance, and R&D team is Lorin Tauss. Lorin is a Mechatronics Engineer and brings a diverse range of skills and experience to our business and team.
In welcoming Lorin to the Nexxis team, Managing Director, Jason De Silveria said “Nexxis has built strong relationships with our clients and suppliers, which allows us to provide a wider range of repairs and servicing in-house. With Lorin in our team, we continue to increase convenience for our customers with technical knowledge, reduce turn-around times and reduce interstate/international shipping”.
Nexxis Service/Maintenance/Repair capabilities include:
• Fault finding, modification, repair and calibration of many types of inspection and NDT equipment;
• Cable manufacture, fault-finding, repairs and re-termination (replacing plugs and connectors, if desired, we can re-use the old connectors where possible);
• Potting of connectors/cable assemblies for water resistance and durability;
• Pressure-testing and leak-testing of cameras and other depth-rated equipment;
• Component level repair of electronic equipment PCBs;
• Communications protocol debugging (Eg. RS232, RS485, I2C, SPI, CAN bus, TCP/UDP/IP);
• Complete equipment rebuilds, “tune-ups” or annual “birthdays”.
In addition to these maintenance related skills, we work with an extensive network of local, interstate and international suppliers and manufacturers. This gives us options when it comes to manufacturing add-ons, customisations and repairs.
Nexxis is also able to offer the following Design, Research and Development capabilities:
• Design, prototyping, and manufacture of new equipment, adaptors and add-ons to get the best results from existing equipment;
• Equipment can be constructed based upon required specifications or using a customer’s design (where we will try to provide advice on improvements of design, if possible);
• CAD design of mechanical and electronic assemblies and design for manufacture;
• Design and assembly of printed circuit boards (PCBs) for digital, mixed-signal or analogue applications;
• Support and advice on selection, purchase, condition and use of specific equipment and components;
• Selection and design of equipment enclosures, equipment wiring and component assembly;
• Firmware and embedded software;
• Polymer casting and moulding (design and construction of masters, rigid and flexible multi-part moulds, silicone, polyurethane).